MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis

MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis
As a person with MS, I bring a personal commitment to the work I do.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Too Hot for MS???


   Memorial Day in Mentor,Oh was wonderful. No rain and sunny skies. Parades to honor those who Have and are Now protecting this great country.
   But...did I mention the temps? On Monday the temp was teetering at 90 degrees!!! I remember in years gone by having to dress like it was still winter. What a difference. 
   I still like the warmer weather though but my MS doesn't. We decided, late in the afternoon, to take Lundy (our Westie) and get ice cream and go to Headlands State Park. Just being on the shores of Lake Erie is relaxing. We found a fairly shaded area to indulge in our 'Cold Stone' treat.
   We then decided to take a short walk with Lundy on the much improved walk way which accommodates both walkers and bikers. 
   I did mention that we went later in the afternoon and we were on the shores of Lake Erie with the cool lake breeze. By the time we arrived back at the car, I felt and looked like I just finished a marathon. Parts of my body were sweating that I never new could sweat. I was having a TOTAL meltdown. We had water with us that we and Lundy thirsted for. 
   Yes, the heat was a bit much for me and my MS, but I know my limits and work around them. MS was not taking away a late afternoon stroll on the beach from me.