MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis

MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis
As a person with MS, I bring a personal commitment to the work I do.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tripping up stairs!!!

   Yes I did this today! It has been awhile since I have fallen but I let my guard down and tripped on the stairs coming into my house. OUCH!
   My MS has affected my balance and lifting my feet when needed. I have learned that if I lose my balance and start to fall, that I am not able to catch my balance to avoid a fall. So I have to not tense up and let myself fall. As far as my feet go, I have to always be aware to lift the right then the left. This is where I let my guard down. Didn't remember my footing!
   My angels were with me to help me with a gentle fall. Falls happen sooo! fast but yet sooo! slow. I am also thankful my husband was home when I fell. 
   I fell on my right side and smacked the side of my face on the floor. Try and explain this one if it turns black and blue. I will be sore but happy no trip to the hospital with broken bones.