MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis

MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis
As a person with MS, I bring a personal commitment to the work I do.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Coughing Up A Lung

Coughing up a lung!
   Well not really!  But this is how I have been feeling for the past 3 weeks, YES 3 weeks. During the month of July! 
   It is no secret that when you have Multiple Sclerosis, any type of illness that comes your way will be magnified. No, it will not be just a simple cold at all.
    I already have daily visits from MS Fatigue but now it is accompanied by the exhaustion from the constant hacking. Do I dare to sleep at night? How can I when all I do is cough.
   Using Rx cough medicine (the really good stuff) helps me fall asleep, but not stay asleep. I always wake back up coughing. Take more cough medicine and try to sleep.
   Try to get out of bed in the morning after a night like this.
   Medicine head is the first thing that comes to mind. Ohh! that hot cup of tea goes down so well. Really seems to loosen things up. TMI? 
   Did I mention the dizziness and the ringing in my ears? Well let me tell you if you read the directions on your medicine bottle, you will find that it may cause dizziness. WHAT? I already have dizziness from my MS. Remember what I said earlier that your illness will be magnified? Well this is part of it.
    I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I am not coughing as much and I have been able to wean myself off the Rx cough medicine. Soon I will be back to my old MS self.