MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis

MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis
As a person with MS, I bring a personal commitment to the work I do.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Falling down a flight of stairs.

MS made me do it!

   Yes some people are like slinkies but not me. At 10:00 P.M. Thursday 8/30 I was going to go down the stairs by using my feet but MS had another idea. 'Why don't you just do a header and tumble all the way down the stairs'? All I remember was saying Oh My Gosh! Oh My Gosh! as I was falling. I didn't try to fight the fall I just let my body do it's thing. I landed on my back with part of my body in the foyer and my shoulders and head in the dining room. My husband came flying to my side and all I could say was where am I? He started to check me out asking if I could feel my legs and arms. I could and was relieved that I didn't split my head open. Could have broken my neck. Ugh! I was able to slowly start moving and was able to sit on the stairs until I was sure nothing was broken. I know that God and my angels were with me when I fell to help brake the fall. No I did not need 911 but today every part of my body hurts.