MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis

MS MobilityStrength Multiple Sclerosis
As a person with MS, I bring a personal commitment to the work I do.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

MS Affects Speech

   I was out having lunch with my mom the other day and we were having a normal conversation when all of a sudden my words starting coming out all jumbled and not making any sense. I tried to correct my sentences but I ended up over correcting them. The words were racing around in my head but I couldn't make any words come out clearly and correctly. Finally I threw up my arms and stopped talking. I needed to take a deep breath and try to relax.
   
 
   This isn't the first time that this unfortunate situation has happened. Usually I explain it away as being a 'Brain Fart'. I get some giggles and just move on with the conversation.
   I am by no means a social butterfly and these speech problems pull me inward even more. In my head I have the correct words and the smoothness of a sentence but when I try to vocalize it, it may or may not come out right. This is very embarrassing especially if I don't know the person I am speaking with.
   There are many times when I am in a group and want to speak my thoughts but think twice about it and just keep my thoughts to myself avoiding fumbling bumbling words.

   I came across this article from Modern Day MS and it is about how Multiple Sclerosis Affects Speech. Hopefully if this is a stumbling block with your MS as it is mine, you will find some reassurances about this MS symptom. 


Shop for MS clothing and accessories at The Sassy MS Shop.